Friday, March 15, 2013

in new area and pics!

Hey everyone! :) It was so great to hear from you all! Sorry I haven't had a lot of time to write, and still dont have a lot of time. Things are super busy here in the field :) Haha I feel like I don't even get sleep at night, it is more just a short nap and then I am back up again. But it is awesome cuz sometimes I literally feel like something is carrying me through the day giving me the energy I need to keep going. I know for a fact that this is the spirit and that it is supporting and carrying us through life. I know that it is on the "wings of our redeemer" Jesus Christ that we can always find the strength we need to get through all of life's challenges. And then after the challenges always comes the blessings! You all are in my prayers and I know God is looking out for you :)  
Dad, I am so excited to be here following in your footsteps. The Korean people are amazing and I am learning so much so quickly :) By the way the 전안의 감동님 served his mission from 1991-1993 in Daejeon so he may know you! :) He brought out his picture book and we were trying to see if we could find you in there but the pictures werent very good quality so we couldn't really tell :) haha.

So this week has been awesome! :) Me and 구병모 장로들 have been working super hard. It is so amazing to see the miracles of God working everyday. I have definitley felt his strength. I got really sick a few days ago and practically collapse and the train station after having thrown up a few times. Our apartment is about 10k from the train station and I had no idea how I would make it back. I said a fervent prayer asking God to give me the strength I needed to get home. I felt a calm relief come to my body and every step I took I felt as though I had just enough strength to take another step. Then as I was walking we saw this boy and when I saw him I felt complete relief. I went up to him and talked with him, and bore my testimony of the restoration and gave him a book of mormon. He was really interested and we hope to meet with him again. As soon as I walked away the pain and weekness came back, I threw up around the corner and barely made it home before completely collapsing on the floor. My body was completely spent but I knew that God had given me the strength I needed to talk to that one boy and make it home safely. I felt so blessed to know that my father was looking out for me and could use me, even when I had no strength, to bless the live of someone who needed to hear the gospel. That night I was really stressed because the next day was really busy and there was no way I would be able to have strength to get through the day. But when I woke up, despite my weakness, I always had enough energy to get to the next thing and bare my testimony and help share the blessing of the gospel. I know this gospel is true and that God wants all his children to hear it and that he can give us all strength whenever we need it. If we will trust in him and always give him all we have, he will make up for the rest. I have definitely gained a testimony of this and am so grateful to have had this opportunity. I since have returned to full health and am working just as hard as ever! :) Yesterday I went to church and was asked to speak in church. :) I could tell the branch president was saying it kind of jokingly because he knew I was a greenie and most greenies cant even understand the question to speak in church. When I said sure in Korean he seemed a little surprised :) haha it was cool. He was like, wow you speak Korean well! :) and I got up and gave a 10 minute talk in Korean and I definitely received the blessing to be able to speak Korean. I have truly been blessed with the gift of tongues. I can understand a lot more Korean than people think I can and I am constantly surprising people :) I have definitely been blessed to be able to communicate with the people and I am so grateful. I know I wouldn't be able to do this without the lord. It is awesome cuz a lot of times it is like when I listen I hear a bunch of nonsense sounds that don't make sense, but then after they finish speaking I have a thought come into my mind of what they said and I know these thoughts are inspired of God because they are always right and I can completely communicate back, often using words I didn't think I even knew :) It is an amazing experience and it has really helped me grow close to the members. They are all super impressed and they keep saying I look like a movie star :) haha I have been truly blessed. My trainer is really surprise by how well I am able to communicate. He says I speak better than most missionaries who have been here for like 6 transfers :) So that is comforting and I am continuing to work as hard as I possibly can to learn as much as possible. It is so cool cuz I feel like while I am here on my mission I learn things so much faster than I did before. I can pick up on things and understand them super fast and remember them! :) I have learned so much and since I have realized this I am trying to learn as much as possible as fast as I possibly can! :) I have truly been blessed and I look forward every day to being able to share the things I have learned with people I meet. I have a strong testimony that God loves each and every one of us and that through him all things are possible! :) I know I wouldn't be able to do this without him and I know that this is his gospel and his work and that he is helping me bring it to all of his children so that they can all have the opportunity to return to him. All of his children have been with him before and deep down all children want to return to their father. I want to help them feel of his love and know that he has provided a plan to help them return to him. He is our loving Father and he is with us through everything. I am so grateful to be here and to have this opportunity. I would challenge everyone to strengthen their testimony in their love of their Father in Heaven and pray to him in deep prayer in the name of his son Jesus Christ to know if these things are true and to know that he truly loves us. And it is my testimony that he will bring comfort to your souls if you do these things with real intent wanting to know with all your heart. And it is by that feeling of comfort and peace that you can know that these things are true. I am so grateful for everyones support and and I am so grateful for the support of my savior. I know he is with me and he is helping me everyday. 
I love you all so much, I am sorry I don't have much time to share all of my awesome experiences from the week but I will try to share a few every chance I get! :) And I am going to send a few pics :) Love ya!!!!

-Elder Bigler



Me and 구병모 on the train on our way back from a mission meeting

the view off my porch in my apartment I wake up to every morning :)

The Ward mission pres is rich so he took us to this super nice restaurant in 온양

Me at a Korean monument


Chonan , it looks like New York at night


map of my area! It is huge. Covers one ward and one branch and has about 6 train stations in it. It is probably about the size of all of Pheonix.

First view from the ground in Korea

Me in the Korean airport

No comments:

Post a Comment