Sunday, April 7, 2013

Blessings

Mixed with personal family replies, Tyler reported much improvement to his health, and that he could feel the power of the prayers from everyone in his behalf! Thank you all for your encouraging letters, and particularly your faith and prayers for his well being and success. Thank you! Below is his latest update, enjoy!

So as for me holy cow I don't even know where to start! This week I have seen so many 죽복(blessings)(sorry ill just right in english :) haha) it is crazy! So I have to admit when transfer first started I was pretty stressed. I didn't know how me and my companion where going to get through this transfer. Neither of us knew very much Korean, our area is super huge, we only had one investigator, and we were both pretty much brand new to Missionary work, in a country where we hardly could communicate. Me and my companion have been working so hard in every aspect of life and missionary work. I can honestly say I have never worked so hard in my life. And we have turned and put our trust 100% in Christ and our heavenly father. And since we have done that holy cow have we been blessed. I really don't even know where to start. God has truly been with us ever step this past week. Me and Elder Barney have set some big goals and as we work and strive our hardest to reach our goals Heavenly father always last minute gives us what we need to reach them. Our Korean has improved tremendously! I can communicate with just about anyone and can understand about 70% of everything is going on. It is amazing. I know I wouldn't be able to do this with out the blessing of the Holy Ghost and I this setting apart as a missionary. Forgive me if my English is kinda bad sometimes. Me and Elder Barney have been SYLing(Speak Your Language) as much as possible so honestly I haven't been speaking a whole lot of English and I am working really hard on being able to completely understand all the Korean and communicate really well. But the language is just the start of where heavenly father has been blessing us this week. We have been so blessed in finding people. We started out this week with 0 progressing investigators and 2 potential investigators. We got down and prayed super hard to our father in Heaven asking him to help us. We outlined our ideas for finding people this week and prayed to him and told him how we were going to look for people and how we were going to work our hardest and that we needed his help to find people that we could help. Holy cow lets just say this next week we have had to cancel 2 member dinners because we are so busy meeting with other people!!!! God blessed us so much. We have again sat down and planned out our week and we will be literally running from a few appointments to get to other places in time. God definitely has been helping us a ton, I think this because two foreign missionaries who don't know the language or anything definitely would not only have a hard time finding people to talk to that they can understand, but would also have a really hard time teaching and helping people. We have had so many last minute miracles this week that have just made everything go perfectly. It is so awesome to see how if you do everything you can, and you work your hardest, and then put your trust in the Lord knowing that he knows what is best and will always help you, how the miracles just come and God never stops giving. I can't wait to get back out there and just talk and help people. Me and Elder Barney are just super great working together and we have truly been blessed to accomplish a ton of things. This next week will definitely be another week where we put all our weight and trust in the lord and just give our best. I have know doubt that he will be with us this week and will help us every step of the way. I know things may not always happen how we want or how we expect but Heavenly Father always knows what's best and always helps and wants us to be happy. I love you all so much! Thank you for all your prayers and letters! I love hearing from you and knowing how everything is going and I can definitely feel the blessings from your prayers! :) Youre awesome!

PS. I hope conference was good! :) we dont get to see it til this next week! You lucky ducks :) I am super jealous you all got to see it a week early :) haha anyways I can't wait to see it! I hope all is going well. Love you all!!!

Elder Bigler

No comments:

Post a Comment