Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hey so I finally got back on to the computer :) Holy cow it has been a crazy, yet exciting week! This past Wednesday we got a new bunch of Korean Speaking elders and sisters. It was really funny to see all their faces as we spoke Korean to them all. Gave me a little bit of a flash back into the past when I first got here and hardly knew anything. We have been busy trying to help them learn sentences and help them with Korean as they are all stressing to teach their first few investigators. But I can definitely feel the spirit working and it has actually been really cool how I have felt the spirit direct me in how to teach particular things that I priorly don't think that I even knew before :)
Ty w/ the Idsos
This week has been really cool, I think I pretty much have the MTC down. After being here for almost 8 weeks I am glad I finally have it all under control. haha. But it has been really cool. I have seen several people I know here including both Elder and Sister Idso, Elder Hendrickson, Elder Miller, Elder Meyers, Elder Anderson, and a bunch others. It is crazy to see how the MTC is growing and how everyone is coming in. The experience is awesome and I still feel like I am learning so much. But I am definitely at that point where I really want to just get to Korea :) For those who have served a mission you definitely know what I mean when you have reached that point where you just want to get out there and start sharing this amazing message with the world. It has blessed my life so much and has helped me grow so much that I just want everyone I come in contact to have the opportunity to hear about it and realize how much of a blessing it can be in their lives.
 Elder Chow and I have been working hard to learn as much as we can and be as prepared as possible for when we get to Korea. I think the biggest hindrance at this point would just be the fact that I am not fluent with Korean :) But it is coming.
 We have been having a ton of success in our lessons. It is amazing how even with such a little knowledge of the Korean language how the spirit can direct our thoughts and words to truly help those we have taught. We have had some amazing blessings as we have seen how the simple messages of the gospel can truly help all grow; whether they are all ready familiar with the gospel or not. A lot of times we try and fluff up lessons and doctrine and make it seem even more glorious and elaborate; however the truth is, the brilliance is in the simplicity. The wonderful blessings that come from the gospel and the doctrine of Christ are so special and so powerful in and of themselves. If we concentrate simply on looking every day at the many blessings that our Father in Heaven has given us we will realize just how amazing and blessed life is. We all get to grow and learn so much in such a short time it is truly amazing.
 his past week I have been thinking alot about the savior and just how amazing he was. The many things he accomplished and did for each and every one of us in the short amount of time that he was here on this earth. He started out just like every one of us. As a baby. Innocent, weak, and completely dependent on his mother Mary to take care of him. He struggled through the same steps of learning and growing that all of us went through. He had to learn how to crawl, walk, speak and grow. He was not born running in his father's work. However because he did not sin and because he did his best and always gave his best he progressed and grew at a much faster rate than anyother human being. Because he was perfect in everything he did he learned lessons as a boy that could influence all manner of men and women at a young age. He came to a knowledge of his father in heaven at a young age and kept that realationship with his heavenly father dear to his heart. He always worked and served all those he came in contact with. Because he was perfect in everything he did, because he would not give in to the adversary he progressed far more than any man to ever come to the earth. And because he was perfect he was able to perform the infinite atonement that enables every living thing to overcome the progression impeding power of sin and return back to our heavenly father. Because Jesus Christ was 100% obedient to everything his heavenly father had told him he was able to save the souls of all those who have ever and will ever live. The one thing that really sticks out to me was his exact obedience. We know that we are sent here to earth to progress and grow to be able to return to live with our heavenly father and be like he is. The one thing that stops us is sin and the mistakes we make. Sin stops progression. That is why Satan works so hard every day to get us to make just a simple mistake. However if we work our hardest, remember Christ, let his infinite atonement influence our lives, and grow and overcome our sins we are able to continue to progress back to our heavenly father. Without the atonement, because we aren't perfect, we would not be able to continue progress. And the reason why Christ was able to grow and progress so fast through out his life was because he was perfect and didn't let sin hinder his progression. If we work our hardest every day to be exactly obedient to our heavenly father and his commandments and his gospel we will be able to continually progress and at a rate much faster than we are now. I know that as I am obedient to my Heavenly Father and work as hard as I can he blesses me and helps me to grow every day and has strengthened my testimony in ways I never thought possible. I know he lives. And I know he loves us all so very much. Because he loves us he wants us to continually progress so he sent his only begotten son to earth to suffer the pains for all mankind so that we could continually progress. He restored his gospel, through Joseph Smith, and gave us the necessary instruction to continually progress through Christs name. It is called the gospel of Christ. Through this gospel we can come to a knowledge that God lives, that his son truly did suffer for us, and that he has provided a way for us to return to live with him. I know that we can read the Book of Mormon, another testament that Christ lived and lives and that God truly loves us, and grow to come of a knowledge for ourselves that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored, and that the necessary keys and priesthood required to perform ordinances, that are needed in order for us to be able to be cleansed of all our mistakes and return to live with God the Father, have been restored. I know we can know of this for ourselves and we can feel of God's Love for each of us. I am so very grateful for all the blessings our Heavenly Father has given us. I know the gospel is true and that Christ is our savior. I am so grateful for all he has done for me. I love you all and I hope you can feel the truthfulness and power that comes from this message. And I hope that if you don't already know for yourselves, that you will be able to come to a knowledge of these things for youself. I love you, Jesus Christ loves you, and your Father in Heaven loves you. May you always remember this. I hope you think of the many blessings in your life and thank God for each one.
I truly am grateful for all of you and the wonderful influence you have played on my life! If you ever need anything let me know.
Love,
Elder Bigler

No comments:

Post a Comment