Sunday, August 18, 2013

Faith and hope!

Ok so I am going to try to keep my weekly update a little shorter :) haha I keep writing super long ones sorry! I wish I could share everything that happens everyday but it just is never possible :) haha anyways this week has been absolutely amazing! We found another 6 new investigators and out of our new investigators from last week we have two of them progressing! :) They are so fantastic and we are doing everything we can to help them! The holy ghost has been so instrumental this last week. I completely feel as though all week me and Elder Williams have been led by the spirit and it has really helped us grow and learn a ton! We definitely had some interesting experiences but we also had some truly faith building experiences as well! I came to know in three particular experiences how powerful our calling is as missionaries and how powerful the priesthood is! It was absolutely amazing! I wish I could share all of them but I sadly just dont have enough time but I do want to share one. Yesterday we had the blessing to go with the bishop and a ward member to go visit this lady who was the ward members younger sister. She is sick and dying of cancer. It was a truly humbling experience to walk into that home. The sister is not a member but her brother asked her as we were there if she would be interested in a blessing. She didn't really understand so we sat down and explained the power of the priesthood. The brother then asked if she had faith that the lord could bless her through a priesthood blessing and she replied yes. we gathered around and gave the blessing. I have to admit I have never heard such beautiful korean coming out of someones house. It was so powerful and afterwards the sister rose right out of her bed with more strength then she felt she had ever had. She is now a new investigator and is so amazing! The power that i felt at that time could never be described. It was definitley God's Power. He loves his children, and he will always bless us according to our faith. He wants to bless us every day, I know it. But unless we excercise faith in him and go to him he cannot. I would urge everyone this week to look for an opportunity to excercise faith, trust in your father in heaven and ask for a blessing you really need. Then show you have faith by doing everything you can to accomplish it. And I promise you God will hear your prayer and he will bless you! I love you all so much and I hope you have an amazing week!
Love
Elder Bigler

No comments:

Post a Comment