Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year

Tyler has been in the MTC now for a few weeks, he is picking up the Korean language and enjoying his associations with the other missionaries and the opportunity he has to serve them as their district leader.  Below are excerpts from his latest e-mail, enjoy!

"So the Korean is coming pretty well! We have about 6 native Koreans here and I have been able to communicate with them and have conversations with them. It's crazy that just about 3 weeks ago I only knew about 3 words in Korean! Now I am praying, baring my testimony, teaching discussions, and having conversations completely in Korean! I have no doubt that that is due to the overwhelming power of God.
So my focus for the past week has really been on understanding the different gifts of the Holy Ghost. I never really undrstood before the all consuming power of the Holy Ghost! I feel like if using the Holy Ghost was like using a gift card, then this past week I have definitely rubbed off almost the entire magnetic strip from swiping it so much on the eternal card reader. Just the same I have felt its power come into my life in ways that I could never completely explain. It is crazy how when you turn your focus to God your mind becomes so much sharper and clearer. I feel as though I have learned so much and grown so much in the past few weeks that I would never have been able to get to the point that I am today without the power of God being in my life. I have gained a testimony that through everything, if there is ever a time that we come up short, or maybe are lacking in a particular talent that all we need to do is go to our Heavenly father, and through him we will be able to develope those talents and grow! I glorify God and bare my testimony that I know he is the one true God. And that he loves us with all of his heart. A love not found here on earth. but only in the eternities. I know that if we put our faith in him, all things are possible!
 
This week I have had several opportunities to see the spirit move in and heal the broken lives of people around me. It is amazing to see that healing power and to know that it comes from God! I have had many glorious experiences as I have been a district leader and I have to say I am so glad God has humbled me to be in this position of great service. I have come to learn the glorious blessings of hard work and diligence and I can't wait to give the Lord all I can and serve his Children in Korea. I know that Satan is scared, and I am doing everything I can to make sure that he is going to get a whole slew of determined missionaries ready to show the Koreans of the great eternal light that comes from Christ! 
 
Anyways I hope everything is going well at home! And I can't wait to hear from you again!
I love you
Love,
Elder Bigler "

No comments:

Post a Comment